To get the best from your experience of living and studying in Australia, it’s important you have guidance, support and counselling available at all times.
If you are under 18 years of age or studying Year 11 and 12 VCE, you are required to appoint a guardian and submit a Nomination of Accommodation and Guardian Form.
You can choose your own guardian, or to take up a professional guardianship service.
Our preferred guardianship provider is Guardianship Australia, who will provide:
General Support Services
• Regular visits with students to ensure academic, emotional, cultural, social and spiritual needs are met
• Financial supervision and guidance
• General assistance in matters relating to appointments, banking, insurance, and memberships
• Orientation programs that meet the student’s requirements
• Regular contact with the school to ensure academic progress and comfort within the school environment
• Regular submission of school reports and other relevant details to parents overseas
• Relaying any concerns or interests of the student and/or parent to the school
• Guardianship Australia provides 24-hour on-call ‘Care Team’ assistance, which includes emergency first aid treatment and first language counselling
• Guardianship Australia contacts the parents of each international student and establishes communication with their parents that can be used in the event of any emergency
Please visit the Guardianship Australia website.